2016 LHS graduate Easton Orlopp holding his great-grandfather’s diploma from Lincoln High School. Easton's great-grandfather Easton A. Orlopp graduated on June 12, 1924 - 92 years ago.
Class of 2016 graduate Arthur Thao was honored with the Lester Schwartz Scholarship for his accomplishments in art.
The $1,000 award is given each year to a student pursuing a career in the visual arts and is in memory of Lester Schwartz. A Lincoln High graduate, Schwartz was an acclaimed artist whose work is included in permanent collections at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Milwaukee Art Museum and the Walker Center in Minneapolis.
Alumni may recognize many of the names of our staff retiring at the end of the 2015-16 school year. They were honored at a May 11 Quarter Century Club / Retiree Dinner. Please wish them heartfelt thanks and best wishes in retirement! THANK YOU for your service, passion and care for our youth. #shipspride
- Lindy Backus - 16 years, Kindergarten teacher at Riverview
- Cheryl Breitenfeldt - 30 years, library media managerat Riverview
- Barb Bundy-Jost -28 years, art teacher at Jefferson, Washington and Lincoln
- Susan DeRoche - 30 years, math teacher at Lincoln
- Cheryl Gorsuch - 17 years, English teacher at Lincoln
- Marianne Haag - 24 years, CDS aide at Jackson
- Carol Haas - 12 years, special education aide at Lincoln
- Paul (Biff) Hansen - 38 years, assistant principal at Lincoln
- Angela Janda -15 years, second grade teacher at Jackson
- Susan Krey - 18 years, teacher at Monroe
- Steven Kleinfeldt - 26 years, principal at Jackson
- Charles Kurth - 35 years, head custodian at Lincoln
- Trudy LeClair -21 years, teacher at Monroe
- Marlene Mangin - 22 years, custodian at Riverview
- Steven Metzger - 25 years, custodian at Lincoln
- Clayton Nei - 15 years, tech ed teacher at Washington, Wilson and Lincoln
- Bonnie Noworatzky - 24 years, secretary at Jefferson
- Gene Schnelle - 17 years, math and science teacher at Washington, Wilson and Lincoln
- Jeff Schulz - 20 years, district Buildings and Grounds Director
- Anne Swanson - 19 years, early childhood and 4K teacher at Riverview
- Amalie Wardman - 13 years, ESL assistant at Jefferson
Mary Wilhelm - 26 years, Chapter 1 home visitor at Riverview
Please extend a warm welcome to Duane Simmons, the newly hired Principal of Jackson Elementary School and Jason Bull, district Director of Teaching, Learning and Assessment. Both have demonstrated quality leadership and skills and are very talented individuals. They will be assets to our school district and the community.
Bull most recently served as Principal of Sheboygan North High School. Simmons returns to MPSD to lead Jackson Elementary after two years as Principal of Sheboygan Central High School. He previously served as a guidance counselor at MPSD for Lincoln High School and Monroe and Stangel Elementary Schools.
Read more in the Herald Times Reporter